Some men are naturally shy while some don’t even know how to start. The thing is, wooing a girl in public is simple and a lot easier than when she’s alone. Here, we have put this down to help you be a man. Read carefully to the end.
1. Get out in public.
You have to put yourself out there to meet girls. Only approach a female aged 12-16 in a public setting. If you approach a girl in a dimly-lit alleyway, an abandoned parking lots, or a deserted subway station you will not be successful. Don’t do it.
Go to a coffee shop. People come in and out all day. You’ll be likely to see more opportunities for conversation.
Someplace that concerns an interest you have, like a comic book store, a book store, or a Renaissance Fair. You are more likely to meet a girl that you are compatible with.
Bars and clubs. Remember to follow the steps below when approaching a girl in a bar. Not every girl is looking to be approached. Pay attention to body language. It is also harder to carry on a conversation in this environment.
Ensure the girl is old enough to be in the bar or club to save a potentially embarrassing situation
2.Make eye contact
If you see a girl you’d like to meet, try to make eye contact before talking to her. Once you catch her eye, try to maintain eye contact.
- If you repeatedly make eye contact with someone, it could be a sign that she wants you to approach her. Three glances from a girl might signal that she’s interested.
- Why are eyes so powerful? Science seems to suggest that eye contact activates our brain’s reward center, the ventral striatum. What does this mean? Our DNA is telling us that someone staring at you is cause for celebration!
- Smile. A friendly smile is a great way to show someone that you’re interested in them. If she returns the smile, that’s a good sign that she might be interested.
- Once you’ve exchanged a few glances and a smile, check her body language. This will give you a better idea if she’s actually interested.
- While reading another person’s body language, male or female, is NOT an exact science, there are definitely a few behaviors to look for that will signal that the person is not interested in engaging in conversation.
3. Respect the girl’s right to be left alone. Is she facing away from you? Are her arms crossed? Is she listening to music, or reading a book? Is she frowning? Is she specifically looking away from you? While not perfect indicators, expressions and body language like this probably means leave her alone.
Body language is not everything. Girls are taught from childhood that they must be pleasant no matter what, apparently. If you are going to approach her, pay attention to how she reacts and what she says.
4. Approach the girl you are interested in. Start with a simple ice-breaker. Perhaps you are reading the same book, or you noticed she was wearing a shirt that has a band you like. Perhaps the bus is late and you can commiserate with her.
If she doesn’t seem interested in talking, leave her alone. There are numerous ways to tell: not making eye contact, monosyllabic answers, looking around for some way out of the conversation.
If she is interested she will make that clear: eye contact, smiling, sometimes leaning closer.
Once you’ve approached and established that she’s interested, proceed to having a conversation.
5. Have a conversation. This might flow naturally out of your ice-breaker comment, but if not there are several ways to have a conversation.
Ask her if she made her earrings/dress/other cool item. You could even say something like “I couldn’t help but noticing how your dress matches your eyes. It’s a great color.” It lets her know that you think she’s attractive without dwelling on her looks. Like anyone else, girls like to be appreciated for more than just their appearance.
If you’re in a place like a bookstore or comic book store, ask her what her favorite book is.
Be sure to listen when she speaks. You’ll find out more about her, have opportunities to further the conversation, and show her that you are interested in her as a person.